[HIP-3] Enhancing HMX Tokenomics: A Proposal for Sustainable Growth

Dayummmm, all them farmers and dumpers are getting sooo mad :joy:

Disclaimer: I personally hold 5 figures of HMX, so I believe I can speak on behalf of many HMX holders.

I think esHMX holders who are just farming and dumping are the most affected from this proposal, and it can clearly be seen from the amount of comments that we’re getting in this forum.

If you have vested esHMX and staked, you are actually fine according to the proposal. You will have enough HMX from your vested esHMX to vest for the remaining allocation.

On the other hand, if you’ve already dumped all your HMX from vesting, UH OH :open_mouth:

This is a very good first step for the tokenomics revamp and I am fully supporting this proposal.

What the protocol should do next is, instead of distributing incentives every second, do it in batches like multiple seasons of airdrop instead based on the point system.

Study Jupiter and see what they did - no more escrowed tokens and airdrop actual tokens in seasons according to points, which can be earned through trading or providing LPs. When you airdrop in seasons, you allow users to speculate on the price by giving a specific date of when the supply will be introduced into circulation. If you take out escrowed tokens, then it even further reduces the uncertainty of supply introduction, and will attract many more speculators and investors.

As for investors and team, maybe also introduce the same unlock schedule as the same airdrop season just to align the supply introduction. I think that’s the best way to go forward and grow HMX. Just my 2c.

3 Likes